What data do we collect?
We collect a number of pieces of data for the provision of our service and enforcing our Terms of Service
Personally identifiable information:
- Name and email address of the message sender
- Name and email address of the message recipient until the message is claimed
- IP addresses of visitors
- Platform abuse reports will also collect data about the person reporting
Non Personally Identifiable information:
- Subject and contents of the message
- User agents of visitors
How do we collect your data?
- Through submission of our "Send Your Secure Message" form on your account dashboard
- At retrieval of your message we store the details of the message recipient
How will we use your data?
- To deliver encrypted messages to their intended recipients
- To monitor usage of our platform from a quantitative and analytical standpoint
- To ensure our platform is not abused (by preventing IP addresses or email addresses from sending or receiving messages)
- We will not send your data to any third parties
How do we store your data?
JTC Labs securely stores your data on a virtual server, in a data centre in Germany. Your encrypted data is stored following the security practices found on our about page.
Once your personally identifiable data has no practical purpose, it is removed from our systems, as described below
- After a message has been retrieved, the message is cleared
- After a message has been retrieved, the details of the recipient is cleared
- We retain the details of the sender, as this may be required to monitor usage of certain users, specifically in relation to abuse reports
- In the event of a report of abuse of service, full information about the message is retained
We may send you news, updates, and marketing materials about Encryptosend and JTC Labs, if you have explicitly opted in to receive this materials. If you have opted in to receive these emails, you can opt out at any time, or otherwise modify your communications preferences.
What are your data protection rights?
JTC Labs would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request JTC Labs for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that JTC Labs correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request JTC Labs to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that JTC Labs erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that JTC Labs restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to JTC Labs' processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that JTC Labs transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to excercise any of these rights please contact us at our email: [email protected]
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information rom you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For more information, visit allaboutcookies.org
How do we use your cookies?
- To manage authentication and other critical functionality
- Understanding how you (non-identifiably) use this platform
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - JTC Labs uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - JTC Labs uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. JTC Labs sometimes shares limited aspects of this data with third parties ofr advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another wbesite you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that JTC Labs has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.